DEBITSUCCESS PRIVACY STATEMENT
At Debitsuccess we are committed to protecting your personal information. When we have contact with you concerning the collection of fees that are due to our clients, you know that we will only use your personal information in accordance with this privacy statement.
Personal information includes your contact details, date of birth, bank account or credit card details relevant to the service provided by our customer to you.
How Personal Information Is Collected
We obtain most of our information from either our clients or yourself:
1. When our clients provide your personal information;
2. Each time we have contact with you.
When or before we collect information, we will take reasonable steps to inform you of:
1. The purpose for which the information is collected;
2. Where applicable, any law requiring information to be collected;
3. The main consequences if all or part of the information is not provided;
4. How to contact us.
How Your Personal Information Is Used and Disclosed
Collection of your personal information is essential for us to service our relationship with you and our business operations. Without your information, we would not be able to provide you with our products and services.
We use and may disclose your information for the following purposes:
1. To collect our clients' fees from you.
2. To consider other inquiries made by you to us.
3. To help us develop and identify products and services that may interest you.
4. To tell you about products and services (unless you have asked us not to).
5. To maintain our relationship with you.
6. To conduct market or customer satisfaction research.
7. To perform our internal administration and operations including accounting, fee distributions to clients, reporting, risk management, record keeping, archiving, systems development and testing and staff training.
8. If necessary, to enable a debt collection service to collect unpaid fees from you.
9. From time to time, we may disclose some of your information to regulatory bodies, government agencies, law enforcement agencies, courts or other parties we are authorised or required by law to disclose information to.
The personal information collected from you and our clients is assumed by Debitsuccess to be accurate, complete and up to date. If at any time you believe this personal information is no longer accurate, complete or up to date, then please advise us accordingly.
We have taken reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss or unauthorised access. We hold your personal information in computers and paper based files and other records. These facilities and records are located on site and are protected by security measures.
We destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information when requested to do so by you.
Your Right To Access Your Personal Information
You have the right to access and to obtain a copy of your personal information. However, there are exemptions to this right of access. For example, we are not required to provide you with access where a request:
1. is frivolous or vexatious;
2. concerns information relating to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between our customer and yourself;
3. requires access that would be unlawful;
If you require access in order to correct your personal information, you will need to establish why that is necessary. We will then take reasonable steps to correct that information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
We may impose a charge for providing access to personal information. We will not charge you simply because you have lodged a request.
If you have any complaints or wish to contact us about your personal information, you should contact:
Name: Tamuka Nyawo
Position: Group Compliance Manager
Number: +64 9 481 1316
E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Normal office hours are between 9.00am – 5.00pm on business days in Auckland, New Zealand.